You should always vet prospective roofing contractors before hiring them. The problem is the vetting process can take up a lot of time, which most homeowners just don’t have. Fortunately, there are several ways to speed up the vetting process without compromising the results. One of them is to check their certifications.
Several manufacturers and non-profits give certifications. GAF®, one of the most trusted names in the roofing industry, only gives its Master Elite™ certification to contractors who’re properly licensed, adequately insured, have a proven reputation and are committed to ongoing professional training. The manufacturer’s requirements are so stringent that only 2% of the roofing contractors in the entire country qualify for the certification.
The roofing contractors who managed to distinguish themselves from the select few Master Elite contractors are given the Triple Excellence Award. What does this award mean for you as a consumer?
Qualifying for the Triple Excellence Award
The Triple Excellence Award is composed of the Installation Excellence, Consumer Protection and Training Excellence Awards. Only contractors who provide high-quality roof installations and consumer protection and are committed to ongoing training qualify for this award. What do these awards mean for you as a customer?
- Installation Excellence Award – You can rest easy knowing that a contractor who attained the Installation Excellence Award will install your roof properly. That’s because, in order to attain this award, a contractor needs to have a track record when it comes to installing roofs as perfectly as possible. GAF experts will conduct a roof inspection to determine whether the roof is up to GAF’s standards and determine whether a contractor is eligible for the award.
- Consumer Protection Award – Roof replacements can be a significant investment, which is why you always need to do your research. If you need help with maximizing the ROIs on a new roof, a contractor who attained the Consumer Protection Award can assist you. Only contractors who consistently inform their customers about how each roofing component helps reinforce your roof can win this award.
- Training Excellence Award – To make sure roofing systems are installed properly, contractors need to stay up with the latest roofing trends. Contractors who have attained this award have shown an unwavering commitment to undergoing ongoing technical training. Doing so ensures that any roof inspection or installation conducted by the contractor uses the latest roofing techniques.
GAF’s Exclusive Warranty Options
One way of maximizing the ROIs on your new roof is to take advantage of GAF’s exclusive warranties. Roofing systems installed by GAF-certified contractors are eligible for several warranties. Here’s an overview of your warranty options:
- Golden Pledge warranty – This is GAF’s strongest warranty option. It covers all of the manufacturer defects for the shingle’s entire lifetime as well as installation errors, including tear-off and disposal costs. And to ensure the installation errors are properly fixed, only Master Elite contractors will handle the roof repair.
- Silver Pledge warranty – Like the Golden Pledge Warranty, the mid-level Silver Pledge warranty covers all manufacturer defects for the shingle’s entire lifetime. The only difference between the two is that the Silver Pledge warranty only covers workmanship errors for 10 years.
- Systems Plus warranty – The Systems Plus warranty covers all manufacturer defects for the shingle’s entire lifetime and workmanship errors for two years.
All of the aforementioned options are one-time transferable warranties. To learn more about your warranty options, consult a Master Elite™ contractor.
CQ Roofing is a GAF Master Elite contractor and a proud recipient of the Triple Excellence Award. We offer a wide range of professional roofing services, including roof repair and installation services. To get a free estimate, call us at (850) 683-4169 or fill out this form. We serve homeowners in Fort Walton Beach, FL, as well as the surrounding communities.